About Krav Maga
WHAT IS KRAV MAGA?
KMG’s Krav Maga System integrates science and experience, instinct based self-defence and fighting techniques with designated techniques, tactics, training methods and drills. KMG offers a strong curriculum that teaches and develops courage, controlled aggression and determination, fighting spirit and combat mindset, situational awareness, as well as avoidance, prevention tactics and verbal deescalation of conflict, whenever the need and the possibility arise.
The KMG system is constructed from three integrated parts (which in an actual confrontation may become one):
- CQB, Armed and Unarmed Hand to Hand Combat – The officer learns how to defeat an opponent quickly and effectively. This involves different elements of a fight: tactics, techniques, combinations, psychology and mentality of a fighter. Use of Knives, Sticks & Guns for attacks are integrated.
- Self-Defence Techniques – Techniques that enable the practitioner to effectively defend himself against both armed and unarmed attackers. The techniques are eventually practiced under stress, in simulations of adverse conditions and environments, such as in the dark, on the ground, indoors and outdoors and in situations that limit the practitioner’s movement.
- Close Protection and 3rd Party Protection – Defending a 3rd party (a friend, family member, a VIP, a fellow officer or countryman) against all kinds of attacks and threats; dealing with one or more attackers; moving, evacuating and taking care of the other person; functioning under different conditions in different environments and locations.
ORIGINS OF KRAV MAGA
Krav Maga (/krɑːv məˈɡɑː/; Hebrew: קְרַב מַגָּע [ˈkʁav maˈɡa(ʔ)], lit. “contact combat”) translated from Hebrew into English, as ‘Contact Combat’ was initially developed as an unarmed combat system by Imi Lichtenfeld for the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) due to its no-nonsense approach.
Krav Maga has since been adapted by Eyal Yanilov to meet the needs of civilians, law enforcement officers and security personnel. Krav Maga is widely recognized as the most comprehensive reality based self-defence system in the world today.
KRAV MAGA DEVELOPMENT
Krav Maga is composed of three pillars, self-defence; fighting skills and tactics; 3rd party and VIP protection and consideration. Krav Maga is a practical realistic system that teaches how to avoid, prevent, deter or deal with all types of violent confrontations having been developed under realistic conditions in Israel by its founder Imi (Sde-or) Lichtenfeld). Krav Maga continues to be developed by Imi’s closest assistant and highest-level instructor Eyal Yanilov of Krav Maga Global.
LEARNING KRAV MAGA
Krav Maga is a unique and logical system of self-defence, fighting skills and defensive tactics. There are no traditional or sporting elements in Krav Maga with all of its training methods being based on the adaptation of instinctive response through principal based learning, resulting in skills that become practical in a short space of time and useful under stressful conditions. Elevating the trainee’s capabilities on the physical, mental, technical and tactical levels, Krav Maga is suitable for all, as each person, with the guidance of a certified instructor can reach their own goals and fulfill their needs.
KRAV MAGA TRAINING
An essential part of Krav Maga training is its structured teaching process, delivery of learning and training methodologies. Its curriculum is divided into grades and levels, whether it is for civilians, military soldiers, Law-Enforcement and security officers, Close Personal Protection personnel or members of special units. Click here to read more about how Krav Maga Global is developing Krav Maga further.
KRAV MAGA TRAINING INCLUDES:
- How to prevent, avoid, escape and evade situations of conflict
- Learning how to fall and roll to reduce injury through impact on the ground
- Attacking and counter-attacking skills, using the hands, legs, feet, arms and head
- How to use everyday objects for self-defence and fighting
- Techniques to defend yourself again unarmed attacks such as kicks, strikes, throws, different grabs of body and clothing
- Techniques to defend yourself again armed threats and attacks involving knives, other sharp objects, sticks and other blunt objects
- Techniques to defend yourself against threats with both a short barreled or long barreled firearms
- How to defend yourself when on the ground
- How to deal with multiple attackers
- How to defend other people also known as third party protection
- To see the full Krav Maga units of the curriculum, please click here.
- Specific curriculums for the governmental and security forces and departments from the infantry to the anti-terror, from the law-enforcement to the peace keeping missions.
KRAV MAGA – A MODERN SYSTEM FOR A MODERN WORLD
Krav Maga techniques and principles are taught with ultimate reality in mind. To enable someone to cope with all types of conflict situations and violent encounters in all types of environments, places, surrounding and situation, such as open or confined spaces, around or in a car or on public transport, in water, in low-light conditions and on shaky, uneven or non-resisting grounds and more.
Krav Maga training also emphasis the need to train to deal with conflict when in positions of disadvantage such as; standing, sitting down, laying down (on your front or back), when on moving transport or with a loved one.
KRAV MAGA PERSONAL DEVEOPMENT – LIFE SAVING AND LIFE CHANGING SKILLS
Krav Maga enables personal growth from both a physical and mental perspective with those training Krav Maga seeing vast improves in their physical health and mental abilities to make decisions in stressful, fast moving situations and to be able to cope with demanding lifestyles.
ROLE SPECIFIC KRAV MAGA
Krav Maga is adaptable to meet the needs of both men and women, from children to mature adults.
Krav Maga training also has specific curriculum s including tactical adaptations to meet the ever-growing needs of Military Units, Anti-Terrorist Groups, Special Units, Undercover Officers, Close Protection Agents, Correctional Officers, Air Marshalls and much more.